Many thanks to John Evans for nominating me for this blogger award. I highly recommend John’s poetry and creative writing blog. You’ll find plenty of good reading on a variety of topics, from social justice to spirituality. John will inspire and encourage you as he demonstrates the healing power of creativity. Do pay a visit to his blog!
Here are the rules for award nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions of your choice. I did not as they already have the same 11 questions as I did.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
My Answers for John are as follows:
Have you or do you ever want to write a book?
I have written a poetry book titled I Left Her There and a novel, A Certain Woman. The novel is a Christian fantasy story that places Biblical figures in modern times. Both books are available at Amazon.com.
How long have you been blogging and what is your favorite subject to write about?
I’ve been blogging for 11 years. My favorite subject? That’s difficult to narrow down, but I seem to always go back to poetry and nature. I especially love writing about plants!
If you could move to a different town, state or country… where would you be?
I love my current home and community, but if pressed to choose, I’d say Italy or London. My father was Italian and my mom’s family is part English and Welsh, so those places intrigue me!
What is your favorite quality about yourself?
Probably my curiosity. I love to learn!
Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert or even both?
Both. I’m pretty much a homebody, but I like to be involved in causes and organizations that are important to me.
What is THE JOB of your dreams?
Either writing or ministry, or a combination of both. I’m interested in many things, and I can always write about them. Also, I am active in my church and I’m a member of the Order of Ecumenical Franciscans.
Other than blogging/writing what is the one favorite thing you LOVE to do?
Probably reading, especially about spirituality or nature.
Where is one of the first places you plan on going after quarantine is over?
There’s a coffee shop down the street that’s a perfect place to sit and write. I’ve only been there twice, but plan to go back when I can!
Speaking of Covid-19 is there anything that you learned about yourself or will be changing about yourself when ‘life moves on?
I hope I remember how important it is to stay in touch with friends. My pastor reminds us to check in with each other, send encouraging notes and so forth. During the quarantine, I’ve kept in touch with friends and people in my faith community more than I usually do. Best not to wait until the next pandemic to let friends know I care!
Is there anything as far as food that you will absolutely NOT eat?
Do you own a website for your writing?
Yes, mainly my poetry blog As I Write and Breathe. Also I write in my devotional blog Coffee and Good News.
11 Facts About Myself
- I studied classical violin for 10 years, starting at age 9.
- I was a professional folksinger in the 1980s and sang on New Hampshire Public Radio.
- I am an herbalist and studied herbal medicine with herbalist and author Susun Weed.
- I’m a graduate of Vermont Law School.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut. Then I found out that I’d have to be good at math, so that was the end of that!
- My favorite poet is Jane Kenyon. I love the way she wrote about everyday occurrences, and her deceptively simple language.
- I enjoy knitting and crochet, although I haven’t worked on anything in a while!
- I enjoy learning languages, and have studied French and German. Next language I hope to learn is Italian!
- I’ve practiced yoga since I was 4 years old, when I would watch a yoga TV show with my mom.
- I love to read about the Lewis and Clark expedition. I’m happy to live in a part of the country that is rich with their history.
- I have been to 29 states in the USA!
I admire and appreciate each of these talented bloggers. You’ll want to visit each of these blogs, too!